Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

5/2/12
      Wednesday wasn't the most exciting day, but when you're in Costa Rica every day must have some excitement. Before school my breakfast consisted of corn flakes, mangos strawberries that we bought at Volcon Poas, and bananas. After breakfast I walked about five blocks to school. When it was finally lunch time most of us went to a little restaurant where instead of serving chips and salsa before the meal they served popcorn! I had shrimp with rice that was served with french fries. After lunch, we went to dance class to learn a little Salsa. After dance class most of us went to a really nice mall. It was really interesting to see some of the store names like, "OOPS!", and the apple store's name was "ICon". When I finally got home, dinner was waiting for us, this time I had something like chicken soup with potatoes, rice, salad, and a pineapple drink.  After dinner I played with my host mom's grandson, Gabriel, who is four years old.  So far I have taught him how to say "ghost", "house", and "see ya" in Enlglish. When he went to bed I did my homework and watched TV with my host family. I'm really begining to see that many of the little things we Americans fret over don't even exist here, making the lives of the Cosa Ricans less stressful and ultimately happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment