Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

For my blog I am going to talk about graduation and some of the things that have been learned the past three weeks. The graduation ceremony took place in the garden, and all of the teachers and students attended. Each student had the opportunity to say a few words in Spanish and thank the teachers and Intercultura. The ceremony lasted about 45 minutes, and after the ceremony I had a chance to think about what I have learned.  
We obviously came to Costa Rica to develop our Spanish language, but I think one of the aspects often overlooked is the cultural perspective. I have learned a lot about the Costa Rican culture, for example, the food is a lot different. We have rice and beans for every single meal, along with a different type of meat. Dancing is also important in their culture. The most important part of the culture is friends and family. This experience has been great because of the culture, and I will definately return in the future. Pura Vida!

No comments:

Post a Comment