Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Saturday in Samara


Today, we had a day planned for the beach, but of course, with the unpredictable weather of Samara, it was a little easier said than done. Last night there was a massive thunderstorm; lots of rain, wind, thunder, and lightning. When we arrived at the beach today, it definitely didn’t have an inviting look to it as it was covered in debris from the storm and the ocean consistently washed up debris as well. Our neighbor, who has been cooking us breakfast because our host mother is gone, told us that this storm was actually very rare for Costa Rica. I would definitely hope so! Even though the plan to enjoy the stay at the beach didn’t really work out, our group had a nice time relaxing and taking in the “Pura Vida” lifestyle during the day. At night, we had a good-bye dinner at a great restaurant and the realization that we were about to leave the beautiful country of Costa Rica came to mind. Tomorrow, we are beginning our trek back towards the United States, making a quick stop in Heredia, and it is definitely a bittersweet feeling. I have enjoyed my time in Costa Rica so much, and I will definitely miss my host families and the relationships I have formed. I definitely feel as if my Spanish has improved through this experience and look forward to the possibility of returning to Costa Rica in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment